Wendy Wintersteen & Jamie Pollard Address the Fans

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
OMG, Im wound way to tight over this. I cant stop analyzing everything. I cant stop refreshing every thing to get the next take and the next bit of information.
I need to throw my computer and electronics out the window, and I need a drink. My god Ive gone nuts! o_O

cyphoon

Sep 8, 2011
We're just crazy enough to do this for 4 long.....painful.... awkward years.

So we go Alanis Morissette on OU and Tex until we find a stable relationship? It worked out for her, but she was just dealing with that guy with the Bullwinkle voice.

H

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Jamie is also BFFs with the Oregon AD per the pod before the Fiesta bowl. At the very least ISU will have some serious conversations with B10 and P12.

I wasn’t that worried 9 years ago and still am not. We’re good at football and will find a home. Texas and OU has put everyone in the prisoners dilemma, will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

Last edited:

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's a game of chicken and Texas and Oklahoma know that.

So the question becomes what sort of deal would the 8 remaining schools take? Half of what they owe? 1/4?

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Before CMC was announced at Toledo as head coach, a player I know went to the AD's office and presented multiple reasons why CMC should be the head coach. The AD was polite and gave him "coach talk". Two days later he saw the player and apologized for not being able to tell him that he was working hard to get CMC hired and the deal had been basically done when they talked.
The video audience:1) the two scum bags, you will pay alot, dont try to continue f#@*ing with the 8 you ran out on in the dark. 2) the fans and donors, I get it you are all nervous and pissed, let me do my job. 3) the Big 1G, yep we will get a big payout from the scum bags and adjust our initial share accordingly. 4) everyone, yes I am pissed, this sucks for college football and I will be one of the adult voices in the room.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Before CMC was announced at Toledo as head coach, a player I know went to the AD's office and presented multiple reasons why CMC should be the head coach. The AD was polite and gave him "coach talk". Two days later he saw the player and apologized for not being able to tell him that he was working hard to get CMC hired and the deal had been basically done when they talked.
The video audience:1) the two scum bags, you will pay alot, dont try to continue f#@*ing with the 8 you ran out on in the dark. 2) the fans and donors, I get it you are all nervous and pissed, let me do my job. 3) the Big 1G, yep we will get a big payout from the scum bags and adjust our initial share accordingly. 4) everyone, yes I am pissed, this sucks for college football and I will be one of the adult voices in the room.
Hard to argue with this.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Half the people in here say that his body language is calm and positive, which is a good sign. The other half say that his body language shows sadness and anger, which is a bad sign.

What did I learn?

I need a drink.
I think they just look awkward on camera. Doesn't need to go much deeper than that.

statsaholic

May 17, 2006
Sloan, Iowa
Just as a side note, have the Big 12 officials been getting extra flags ready for non-stop horns down sign penaties? Might be interesting to have a contest among the 8 (OU is disqualified in this) for the best display of horns downishness..

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Just as a side note, have the Big 12 officials been getting extra flags ready for non-stop horns down sign penaties? Might be interesting to have a contest among the 8 (OU is disqualified in this) for the best display of horns downishness..
I keep fantasizing about officials tossing phantom flags against OU and UT all season. I don't know enough about Big XII officials and how they get hired, but doesn't this move put their livelihood in jeopardy somewhat? I mean look what they did for KSU for Snyder's supposed last game against us.

At least maybe ignore some blatant horns down action or give the player/team a warning, with a wink. Over and over again.

Like I said, I know it's a fantasy.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Not sure why a lot people discount the Big12 GOR, but then view the ACC GOR as air tight.

Jamie said exactly what he needed to say about holding OU/UT to their contractual GOR. The new piece of info I thought I heard was in addition to rights fees, both schools would also owe a penalty.

I am not sure where the 2022 date for UT/OU to SEC came from. I saw a tweet with that timeline based on schools like A&M, Neb and Mizzou leaving the Big12. But I don't know if they were bound by same GOR language and years remaining on TV contract at that time.

Lastly, the SEC media rights explosion isn't set to happen for a few years. CBS' $55M deal runs for 3-4 more years before the ESPN $300M deal kicks in. Also an expanded playoff is a few years off.

Last edited:

cyclonemagic

Nov 26, 2006
Texas
But was officially named a Big 10 Special Advisor for Football this week: https://bigten.org/news/2021/7/22/b...-conference-special-advisor-for-football.aspx

Many in the Big Ten do not like Kevin Warren (Big Ten Commissioner). Talk to tOSU or NE about that. They believe he is not forward-looking or strategic, which is not a good trait in this environment. He did not handle the Covid situation very well last season. Barry Alvarez was put in place to work with Kevin Warren on college football playoff expansion, television and bowl contracts, scheduling, and player health and safety. Jamie's connection to Barry is a great asset at this time.