Bankston Transferring to the Rajun Cajuns (EDIT: Now Houston)

GeauxUL

Sep 12, 2020
I'm not sure how many heard the coaches show with Jamie Pollard talking about the UL game. Louisiana had practiced for over a month at that point where ISU had many player who only had 1 or 2 practices prior to that game. Don't forget that only a few weeks before the game it was looking like the season wasn't going to happen.

It's not an excuse, it's an honest explanation. Louisiana was clearly the better team that day. But if you're going to look at the season as a whole I don't think anyone is going to say Louisiana was clearly the better team.
Well, first, I certainly don’t think anyone on your team or in your conf will ever say that. But I can’t help but detect a great deal of smugness with your assumption. Because I can assure you there were plenty of people who disagreed with the rankings, esp with the higher ranking of y’all over us, and even coastal.
Were we the better team by the end of the season? Not sure, but I know how good we were and became throughout the season, which you guys are disregarding.....a ‘fluke’ win, lol. So at the very least a rematch would have been a very tough game and could’ve have gone either way, imho.
But since that game will never be played all we have are opinions and we also all know what they say about those.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
So to be clear your ‘reasons’ to justify your loss, and also why you are a better team, are as follows:
Too early in season, certain points (ST, time they occurred in game, etc) don’t count, covid, better academics, better conference.
Ok. Got it.

Yeah, you're clearly not reading what I'm writing, or at the very least not comprehending it.

Never tried to "justify" the loss - LA was obviously the better team that day. YOU were the one acting like a win by 17 is soooo much better than a win by 10 - hence why it's relevant to mention a TD with 2 seconds left in the game.. the game was over at that point, your team was up by 2 scores..

We're the better team because we beat multiple ranked teams on the season, and anybody who matters agrees - see the rankings?

The only reason I mentioned academics is because you were pretending like the two schools are equal - they're not. That obviously doesn't make one better than the other in football *******.

• Agree
Reactions: 83cy

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Yeah, you're clearly not reading what I'm writing, or at the very least not comprehending it.

Never tried to "justify" the loss - LA was obviously the better team that day. YOU were the one acting like a win by 17 is soooo much better than a win by 10 - hence why it's relevant to mention a TD with 2 seconds left in the game.. the game was over at that point, your team was up by 2 scores..

We're the better team because we beat multiple ranked teams on the season, and anybody who matters agrees - see the rankings?

The only reason I mentioned academics is because you were pretending like the two schools are equal - they're not. That obviously doesn't make one better than the other in football *******.
You are feisty today.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Well, first, I certainly don’t think anyone on your team or in your conf will ever say that. But I can’t help but detect a great deal of smugness with your assumption. Because I can assure you there were plenty of people who disagreed with the rankings, esp with the higher ranking of y’all over us, and even coastal.
Were we the better team by the end of the season? Not sure, but I know how good we were and became throughout the season, which you guys are disregarding.....a ‘fluke’ win, lol. So at the very least a rematch would have been a very tough game and could’ve have gone either way, imho.
But since that game will never be played all we have are opinions and we also all know what they say about those.

I can assure you that there's no smugness, at least from me. From my perspective if you're a smug ISU fan, you'd better invest in a really good nutcup.

The key word in my reply was "clearly". As you said, "not sure". Personally I think we're all in a similar boat of not getting the respect that each team and conference deserves (from the national talking heads).

Reactions: alabamacyclone

Cycl0nepower

Apr 4, 2020
Ohio

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Does he really think his best chance of going pro is at Louisana over a plethora of p5 schools? He was just at a top 10 school and played well in the biggest game of his life. Something doesn’t add up.
What he says can make some sense. He feels like he will get more visibility in a 4 man front rather than a 3 man front. You do have the opportunity to rack up a few more stats when the O line has to block 4 rather than 3 every down.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
What he says can make some sense. He feels like he will get more visibility in a 4 man front rather than a 3 man front. You do have the opportunity to rack up a few more stats when the O line has to block 4 rather than 3 every down.

I can definitely see his point. He's a 3-technique player, so a 4-man front is the best fit for him. On the other hand, it's not like we just started playing a 3-man front this season.

Oh well, wish him the best of luck and I hope he tears up Texas in next year's opener.

Reactions: CapnCy

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Does he really think his best chance of going pro is at Louisana over a plethora of p5 schools? He was just at a top 10 school and played well in the biggest game of his life. Something doesn’t add up.
SkPDhFE.gif

Big Buds

Aug 25, 2020
I like most of your post, pretty informative. But you 'beat us soundly' with 2 special teams scores & double digit guys on our team either not practicing or out altogether - it's not silly to say we were still the better team on the year.
Remind me again, how many points did Iowa St. score against Louisiana in the second half?

Lol...special teams is apart of the game and something we excelled at all year. I guess it doesn’t count week one.

Big Buds

Aug 25, 2020
Third - this was our very first game in a pandemic season - the Big 12 had more stringent Covid protocols than the Sun Belt, so of course we were at a disadvantage in terms of 'fielding enough depth' for a game... we chose to play it anyway - I'm still glad we did.
It was our first game too, on the road might I remind you, in a pandemic. Oh yeah, we had a coach die during practice and hurricanes but please tell me how it was tougher for the Cyclones.

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Louisiana beat ISU...soundly in that game. We acknowledge that. ISU grew and played better as the year went along. Who would win at the end of the season? No one knows as they didn't play. However, with how both teams performed against the levels of competition they played the rest of the season, ISU feels they are in the argument (supported by polls) that they ended up with the better year. That doesn't take away from the fact that during that game Louisiana looked like the better team. ISU's slow season starts is a trend and an issue the coaching staff has to figure out.

Last edited:

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It was our first game too, on the road might I remind you, in a pandemic. Oh yeah, we had a coach die during practice and hurricanes but please tell me how it was tougher for the Cyclones.
So are you a new tool or a back up account of Rebel for when you got outed as Yeahbuddy?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston

I'm not going to go over this all over again - not my fault if you can't understand what I typed in multiple posts.

I admitted Louisiana was the better team that day.. but yes, I think your team had a leg up being at full strength with the full team practicing for weeks before the game. Sure, it was a road game - in an empty stadium..

Considering the full season bodies of work, Iowa State was the better team, evidenced by the multiple wins over ranked opponents.