Lawrence Cager from Miami officially visiting Iowa State

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If he doesn't come he because it's too cold yesterday, so be it.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
1-He has already graduated.
2-People make decisions on where to live, work, etc based on weather and lifestyle.

Not sure stopping by Ames for a season is a decision of where to live.

Don't want to speak for the poster but I think the spirit was, if you don't like playing in the cold, you probably shouldn't be here. Chances are a few games are going to be cold.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
As one poster mentioned, he will only be here from June-December. I'd say December weather in Iowa is pretty mild.

Now, if he's wanting something like Miami, good luck coach...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
As one poster mentioned, he will only be here from June-December. I'd say December weather in Iowa is pretty mild.

Now, if he's wanting something like Miami, good luck coach...
You guys do realize the process of being a grad transfer involves choosing where you’re going to attend grad school, right?

This isn’t a one semester thing for him. The elder Kolar won’t be here for just a few months.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
You guys do realize the process of being a grad transfer involves choosing where you’re going to attend grad school, right?

This isn’t a one semester thing for him. The elder Kolar won’t be here for just a few months.
I'll be shocked if Cager actually finishes grad school. Kolar, maybe. I could be wrong and he's more interested in academics, but he would definitely be in the minority of grad transfers.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

Yes but there is nothing saying they have to finish grad school. They are free to drop as soon as they are done with football.

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
I don't think Cager is taking "the winter climate" thing to deep into his transfer decision. It's not like all of our games are in frigid temperatures. I think most teams do play a game or 2 (or 3 or more) on the road in cold environments. + if his goal is the NFL, what's he gonna say if the Green Bay Packers draft him? I just hope he selects ISU!

Reactions: cyfan21

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I don't think Cager is taking "the winter climate" thing to deep into his transfer decision. It's not like all of our games are in frigid temperatures. I think most teams do play a game or 2 (or 3 or more) on the road in cold environments. + if his goal is the NFL, what's he gonna say if the Green Bay Packers draft him? I just hope he selects ISU!
And he’s from Baltimore.

Not as cold as here, but compared to Miami however....

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If he is more interested in Grad school he should have a visit to Duke, Stanford, and some others. It's a football decision and what can get him to the next level. That is the decision. How much competition Is ahead of him on the depth chart and all of that. He will be gone in December.

• Informative
Reactions: Jacktronic

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD
5 of ISU's 7 home games are October 26th or earlier. Weather isn't involved in his decision. Based of the schools he is visiting, he is looking for a school with a QB that can extend plays and a school that is lacking experience in the WR room

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
You disagree? How many high profile grad transfer football players with one season to play actually complete grad school?
Good question for both sides of the argument. Does one of you know?

I love when people read recruits' minds. Wish I could do it.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Good question for both sides of the argument. Does one of you know?

I love when people read recruits' minds. Wish I could do it.

Don't know what it is for football, but remember reading it was pretty low for grad transfers in basketball. I can't remember the exact number but it was something like 30% -35%.