Lawrence Cager from Miami officially visiting Iowa State

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Yes but there is nothing saying they have to finish grad school. They are free to drop as soon as they are done with football.

I would love to see the stats on the number of grad transfers who finish their post-grad program. I can't imagine it's above 25%. Also, don't you have to enter into a graduate degree program that your current school doesn't provide or did I make that up? If so, the typical graduate programs probably wont work and you'll be in some kind of specialty program.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Good question for both sides of the argument. Does one of you know?

I love when people read recruits' minds. Wish I could do it.
You know this is a race line that has been drawn. Kolar, while being white, is not headed to the NFL. Cager, being black, has aspirations of the NFL. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to @isutrevman that this was all he meant. I'm guessing @clonedude took this as more of a race comment.

TedKumsher

Aug 30, 2007
Ames
threads tend to get off track here once in a while, but talking about UNI basketball recruiting in a thread about a FB transfer has to be in the top 10 for getting lost.
I don't know about that. At least it's still about sports.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
You know this is a race line that has been drawn. Kolar, while being white, is not headed to the NFL. Cager, being black, has aspirations of the NFL. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to @isutrevman that this was all he meant. I'm guessing @clonedude took this as more of a race comment.
Cager is looking to start wherever he ends up transferring to which tells me he is going there to play football, and try to make it into the NFL with more exposure. I don't see someone leaving Miami to come to Iowa or Nebraska with the sole purpose of going to grad school. Kolar is coming here knowing he's not going to play. He came here to finish up his eligibility and spend one year with his younger brother. I wouldn't be surprised is his goal is to become a grad assistant to work his way into coaching. That's the only reason I see him finishing his grad program. It wouldn't shock me at all if Kolar leaves after his eligibility runs out as well. I don't see how race plays into either of those situations.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
You know this is a race line that has been drawn by clonedude. Kolar, while being white, is not headed to the NFL. Cager, being black, has aspirations of the NFL. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to @isutrevman that this was all he meant. I'm guessing @clonedude took this as more of a race comment.

Cager is looking to start wherever he ends up transferring to which tells me he is going there to play football, and try to make it into the NFL with more exposure. I don't see someone leaving Miami to come to Iowa or Nebraska with the sole purpose of going to grad school. Kolar is coming here knowing he's not going to play. He came here to finish up his eligibility and spend one year with his younger brother. I wouldn't be surprised is his goal is to become a grad assistant to work his way into coaching. That's the only reason I see him finishing his grad program. It wouldn't shock me at all if Kolar leaves after his eligibility runs out as well. I don't see how race plays into either of those situations.
I believe that I said the same thing, but I got a dislike from @flycy and you got a Winner from him/her. So I'm guessing that I wasn't very clear. does it help with the bolded added?

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Cager seems to have the size etc to potentially get an NFL look. He will play ALLOT of snaps if coming here. Kolar hasn't even played many snaps, if any, in first 3 years and IS NOT going to play for ISU unless the sky falls. WHO CARES about anything else. I'm so tired of everything being an issue about........[fill in the blank]

83cy

May 14, 2006
I live in Houston and don't have to shovel humidity :)

I lived in Houston for 7 years, I prefer Minneapolis (the weather sucks here too). In houston you don't want to go outside May ish to October ish. In Houston it still gets dark around 5:00 in the winter and it still gets brown and trees lose there leaves in the winter. Hope we get Cager.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Are people disliking this because they think that isutrevman WAS being racist? I guess I should've stayed out of this.

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Guessing it will be later in the spring before we know where he ends up.

Yeah, probably later is right. Haven’t we had like 2 or 3 grad transfers actually commit to us the past two seasons, only to have another school turn them later? Bummer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron