Parking Pass and Donations

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah I know, they doubled the fine, they found another revenue source to squeeze.
Or maybe they are doing more to discourage illegal parking and the subsequent constriction of alternate routes away from the stadium. Friends who live in that area have also mentioned damage to lawns & landscaping, and trash left behind. Not saying you are guilty of any of that, but you might take into account that there might be more than a money-grab going on here.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Or maybe they are doing more to discourage illegal parking and the subsequent constriction of alternate routes away from the stadium. Friends who live in that area have also mentioned damage to lawns & landscaping, and trash left behind. Not saying you are guilty of any of that, but you might take into account that there might be more than a money-grab going on here.
Ames has the issue of to many variations in the allowed parking. I don’t think people would have as much issue with it if people could figure out when they were allowed to park in the first place. For the Drake game we parked over there and we weren’t even 100% sure if we parked in a spot that was allowed.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
Ames has the issue of to many variations in the allowed parking. I don’t think people would have as much issue with it if people could figure out when they were allowed to park in the first place. For the Drake game we parked over there and we weren’t even 100% sure if we parked in a spot that was allowed.
I agree, we usually wind up parking on the wrong side for Saturday, but the street is wide enough (Country Club Drive) to accomodate parking on both sides. And we never drive on lawns or leave trash behind. Let's scrape off those ball fields across from Jack Trice and lay down a nice patch of asphalt. It's only a matter of time, as only more people are going to want to attend games and tailgate.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I just wonder why they don't allow parking on the east side of Beach anymore like they did 10 years ago. I know they charged $20 and it was great for tailgating. They had trash cans there people guiding you in. It was a fun atmosphere.

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
So, is the pecking order determined by:
  • Donor level and priority points?
  • Donor level, years at the level, then priority points?
In other words, if I change levels, do I jump people who have been at that level for longer, but have fewer priority points?

Donor Level and priority points. Years within the level mean nothing.

The top 33% of the $500 donors (Cardinal) landed in A2, B4, C4 last year <according to ISU parking guide for 2019>. The next 17% of the Cardinal donors got paved parking in A1, B3, C3 last year. So, half last year were paved and the other half not. 60% of requests by $1000 (Gold) donors were successful for RV stalls. There are the 2018 thresholds

• Winner
Reactions: Cyclone27inQC

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
The 2019 club pdf has the amount of members in each level. Moved to 1000 this year after 5 years in the 500. I think the 500 has a lot of veterans in it. Priority points are like gold my friends lol
The brochure has Gold as 1618 but my profile has !!!/1576.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
My profile says I'm still in the Century level even though I upped my donation level this year.

Don’t know how long you wait and ask about the change. Club donations are due the end of March for 2019 so maybe soon after that

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I talked to Cyclone Club today because we're going to be out of the country from 1-17 April and I needed to know when the lot picks were going to start.

We upped our donation this year but we still showed as Cardinal, and our rank showed up as xxx out of 1342 in our old category. When I questioned that, they told me that our donor level has been adjusted in their system, but that it isn't in my profile until after the donations are complete so they can calculate standings within categories. At least that's what I think she said. If I understood her correctly, our standing in the Gold level will be based on our points. IE: if someone has been at the Gold level for a couple of years, but has fewer points than us, we will out-rank them despite them being Gold donors longer. I think. Oh, hell, who really knows??? :confused:

I also asked about when we will be picking for parking lot assignments, and they are targeting the big money people to start picking around the 18th of April. It should filter down to the Cardinal & Gold people about a week later. They will send out emails the first week of April, and postcards a few days after the emails.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Anyone know if you get 10 points per year per season ticket purchased, or is it just 10 no matter the number purchased?

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
My profile says I'm still in the Century level even though I upped my donation level this year.

Won’t update it until after the deadline for football donations. Surprised they haven’t tied that into the new website

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
Believe it’s just 10 points no matter how many tickets.

It's 10 points per consecutive year per sport among FB, MBB, WBB and when figuring out parking assignments, it is only based on prior year purchases. So 2019 FB and 2019-20 basketball are not factored in.

Here are a few additional quirks. The Jr Cyclone Club and hillside FB passes do not count. They must be reserved seats. And the biggest oddity, one does not have to be a FB season ticket holder in order to buy a FB parking pass. Conversely, one does have to be a season ticket holder to get a hoops parking pass and those are included free.

• Informative
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa
And the biggest oddity, one does not have to be a FB season ticket holder in order to buy a FB parking pass. Conversely, one does have to be a season ticket holder to get a hoops parking pass and those are included free.

For football do you have to be a donor?

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
For football do you have to be a donor?
To get a season parking pass, yes.

For season tickets, there are sections in the stadium where a donation is not required. The corners of the stadium.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Looks like they updated the rankings in each donation level.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Where do you find the list that tells you where you are on the donation levels?

EDIT: nevermind, I found it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron