Wendy Wintersteen & Jamie Pollard Address the Fans

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
"At Iowa State we thrive at trying to make lemonade out of lemons."

Unfortunately I understood that as "we will try to make chicken salad out of chicken s***."

Reactions: tsirnickesqcy

LivntheCyLife

Nov 25, 2006
St. Louis, MO
We are in trouble if our AD is tweeting this and he knows it. The “based on where our industry is headed” shows it.

Can't really argue but I think it's becoming more clear what JP's pitch to the Big 10 and Pac 12 is. Something along the lines of: "you don't have to take us but you need to start deciding if you like the direction for college football that the SEC wants this to go." JP knows the future of ISU and college football in general likely depends on the other conferences outside the SEC.

Reactions: I@ST1

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
"At Iowa State we thrive at trying to make lemonade out of lemons."

Unfortunately I understood that as "we will try to make chicken salad out of chicken s***."
Yeah, that didn't quite sound right. What the hell else you supposed to make lemonade out of?

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Iowa State is ****** if we stay in Big 12 and don’t get an invite to Big 10. Iowa State Athletics will be destroyed. College Sports are dead. Time to find an NFL team to root for.
players/recruits/ staff might leave for greener pastures. And it sounds like Big 10 doesn’t want to expand.
We were foolish not to leave back when CU, MU, and NU left.
Leave and go where at that time?

tsirnickesqcy

Oct 13, 2013
Des Moines, IA
My hunch based on nothing but reading the tea leaves is that FOX is getting out of the “game” so it will be up to Disney/ESPN to decide what CFB is going to look like in the future.

HouClone

Sep 3, 2011
Houston
Chris Williams said it is good news when Pollard is silent. That was encouraging. Then I fire up cyclone fanatic later and see JP made an address. Crap.

• Funny
Reactions: t-noah

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
That was weird.

Keep in mind the formal timeline here before jumping off the cliff…OU/TX have not applied for membership to another conference yet. All the Big 12 Presidents/AD’s have been turning the screws on them. Would have rather not heard from JP or WW now…but may have been necessary.
The Big Donors probably wanted Wendy and Jaime to come out and say something to ...."CALM THE WATERS" a little bit.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
If Pollard went off like he did on the Big 12 refs or the U of Iowa band deal, I would have been worried. He would have choice words for Texas and OU publicly if he thought we were in a bad spot. He clearly doesn't think that.
I think you are right and I also think that Jaimie is thinking BIG TEN now....ie How do we aka ISU get into the Big Ten.

Cyclones1969

Jul 26, 2021
Higher or lower? Just curious what your opinion is.

i think Texas is a minimum of a decade of futility and underachievement before they actually take a look at their whole athletics template, and see how it’s preventing them from winning to the level their talent dictates.

beard will do well, but the football program will go through more coaches until they find an actual leader.

Reactions: NWICY

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
i think Texas is a minimum of a decade of futility and underachievement before they actually take a look at their whole athletics template, and see how it’s preventing them from winning to the level their talent dictates.

beard will do well, but the football program will go through more coaches until they find an actual leader.
It breaks my heart that they underachieve for what they have and are. Keep it up texas.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron