What chance does shonn greene have at the heisman?

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
I'll back you on this. I think he deserves to be the top 10. Aren't they inviting 10 this year?

He's the sole reason I think Iowa won against Iowa State, Penn State and Purdue. I didn't follow any other games so I don't know what he did to win those games there. I think he's a great running back even despite him being a Hawk.
Never heard of this.
They've always invited 5 and only 5.
SG will not be invited, he will get some 3rd place votes from voters in the midwest, but that's it.

CTAClone

Addict
Mar 28, 2006
Amerika
Never heard of this.
They've always invited 5 and only 5.
SG will not be invited, he will get some 3rd place votes from voters in the midwest, but that's it.

On the drive to Ames I was listening to the Iowa game on the radio and they were talking about 10 people going to New York. Figures, I get false information during an Iowa game.

Don't think he should make the top 5 but I think he is worth consideration though.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
On the drive to Ames I was listening to the Iowa game on the radio and they were talking about 10 people going to New York. Figures, I get false information during an Iowa game.

Don't think he should make the top 5 but I think he is worth consideration though.

I will say he would go if they invited 10. I am just saying that the top 5 are so far in front that there really isn't any way for ANY rb to get in this year. He is probably about 8th in the race and only has 1 game left, against Minny.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006

You misunderstood. Ten(and no more) is the number of violent crimes Kirk hopes limit the team to this semester. :biggrin:

jmb

Reactions: Luke3485

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
I'm just glad he's got two more games to play for EIU before he waves goodbye and then 75% of their total offense is gone. That's what I'm happy about.

The guy is a Mack truck dressed in football gear.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
Was it last year or the year before, but I think only 4 were invited.

I was just trying to remember this. I believe it was the year it came down to Young, Bush, and Leinart. I think they only invited 3 because they knew no one else was going to be in the ball park.

jakemcilroy

Nov 26, 2006
The thing I ask people when they say he'll get an invite is this...

Who are you not going to invite? The most they ever take is 5 to the ceremony. So...in order for Greene to get an invite, you can only have 3 of the below invited as well. Who are you not going to invite?

1. Tim Tebow (bad start, look at his stats now)...will get votes simply because he's the defending champ (see Archie)

2. Graham Harrell

3. Sam Bradford

4. Colt McCoy

5. Michael Crabtree

6. Dez Bryant

7. Chase Daniel / Jeremy Maclin

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Zero chance. Id say he is, if anything, a lucky benefactor of circumstance. I honestly dont believe he would see as many carries if Iowa had any sort of offense besides him.

LeBron

Nov 12, 2008
Right now, it's harrell's to lose, but tebow has an impressive 19-2 ratio

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Here are 13 better than Shonn Greene:

1. Harrell, TT
  2. Crabtree, TT
  3. McCoy, UT
  4. Bradford, OU
  5. Daniel, MU
  6. Maclin, MU
  7. Tebow, UF
  8. Bryant, OSU
  9. Ringer, MSU
  10. Robinson, OSU
  11. Johnson, Utah
  12. Sanchez, USC
  13. Rudy, ND
Not saying that Greene shouldn't be in the top ten, but it is not terribly difficult to put together a list of ten players without Greene. A very talented group in 2008. Some of the guys outside of the top 5 could conceivably have won in previous seasons. Can you say Gino Torretta?

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
He deserves zero consideration. He's a good back and he's having a great year, but there are way too many other players who are much better.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If Green could catch the ball at all and have some more total yards it would help (especially his draft stock), but he is just too one dimensional. He had some BAD drops in crunch time against Penn State.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
If Green could catch the ball at all and have some more total yards it would help (especially his draft stock), but he is just too one dimensional. He had some BAD drops in crunch time against Penn State.

I wish we had someone that one dimensional. doesn't seem like to big of problem for him or his team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron