What chance does shonn greene have at the heisman?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Ringer averages 173 Total Yards a game
Maclin 201
Brown 165
Greene 148
Bryant 146
Hunter 144
McCoy 142
Moreno 139

So when it comes to all around backs, Ringer and Brown are probably ahead...

Cyberclone

Aug 6, 2006
Zero, Heisman means very little to me, after Troy Davis got snubbed for it. Troy also got snubbed on the Doak Walker award
because I believe that year, TTU had a guy who did ok, and Doak
was on old TTU player or something? If the Dark Side were unbeaten, he might have a very very small chance. If barta promotes him enough, he might get a courtesy invite to New York, to watch someone else win it.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Zero, Heisman means very little to me, after Troy Davis got snubbed for it. Troy also got snubbed on the Doak Walker award
because I believe that year, TTU had a guy who did ok, and Doak
was on old TTU player or something? If the Dark Side were unbeaten, he might have a very very small chance. If barta promotes him enough, he might get a courtesy invite to New York, to watch someone else win it.

Wasn't that Byron Hansbard with his 0.00 GPA? Maybe they give it to the best RB who isn't very good in school? In which I think Greene will then win it.

Last edited:

isu200023

Aug 19, 2008
Wasn't that Byron Hansbard with his 0.00 GPA? Maybe they give it to the best RB who is also a retard? In which I think Greene will then win it.

How tacky and classless posts like this are allowed on this site is beyond me. And to think, you are supposedly a former football player. You'd think there would be a little respect there for one of the best backs in the country who worked his tail off to get where he is. I am not an Iowa fan by any means, but this post is childish considering college can be a challenge for even the most gifted people, let alone those that also have football requirements.

Grow up.

TxCycloneFan

Oct 19, 2006
Bastrop TX
Who?

No one outside of Iowa has ever heard of him.

It has been mentioned before that Harrell, McCoy, Tebow, Bradford and Crabtree are the likely suspects.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
How tacky and classless posts like this are allowed on this site is beyond me. And to think, you are supposedly a former football player. You'd think there would be a little respect there for one of the best backs in the country who worked his tail off to get where he is. I am not an Iowa fan by any means, but this post is childish considering college can be a challenge for even the most gifted people, let alone those that also have football requirements.

Grow up.

There fixed it for you is that more PC. Tacky or not its the truth.

And there is nothing supposed about my past at ISU, it's fact.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
considering college can be a challenge for even the most gifted people, let alone those that also have football requirements.

That would be assuming that he really tried and just couldn't hack it. From everything I head, it was a choice to flunk out by not going to class and not staying there when he did go...

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee

Grow up.

If the shoe fits, then I would say it's not classless.....

Relax...:cool:

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008
There fixed it for you is that more PC. Tacky or not its the truth.

And there is nothing supposed about my past at ISU, it's fact.

Oh, you're such a stud. Nice post calling someone a retard. Would you say that to Greene's face if you saw him in public?? I highly doubt it. Did you say the same thing about Troy Davis??

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
Oh, you're such a stud. Nice post calling someone a retard. Would you say that to Greene's face if you saw him in public?? I highly doubt it. Did you say the same thing about Troy Davis??

Oh, you're such a stud. Nice post calling someone out. Would you say that to ISUFBCURT's face if you saw him in public?? I highly doubt it. Go back trolling in your own sewer pit.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Yes, he does lead the nation in rushing currently, but by only 40-50 yards over Ringer (MSU) and Brown (CT) and he is not in the top five for rushing TD's, in which Ringer leads with 20 total on the year.

So, SG has no way of being invited for the Heisman and I don't think he will win the Doak Walker either. The Walker will come down to Ringer, Brown, Moreno (UGA), and SG with it probably going to Ringer b/c of his overall stats.

Mike Hlas had a pretty good take on it in the Gazette.

Gazette sports columnist Mike Hlas presents

You dismiss Greene leading Ringer by "only" 37 yards, but if you would actually look at the individual stats, Ringer has also 97 more carries than Shonn, and that includes the Purdue game, where Greene had somewhere around 30. Greene also averages almost 2 more yards each time he gets it. He's a damn good running back, and it would be a shame if he doesn't get an invite, because he deserves it.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Mike Hlas had a pretty good take on it in the Gazette.

Gazette sports columnist Mike Hlas presents

You dismiss Greene leading Ringer by "only" 37 yards, but if you would actually look at the individual stats, Ringer has also 97 more carries than Shonn, and that includes the Purdue game, where Greene had somewhere around 30. Greene also averages almost 2 more yards each time he gets it. He's a damn good running back, and it would be a shame if he doesn't get an invite, because he deserves it.
No he doesn't.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Greene is a damn good running back, but does not deserve an invite. Too many other bigger playmakers out there this year.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
Boy, thats convincing. Why not, because it's pre-ordained that it's going to someone from the B12 south or Tim Tebow?
As already posted, who should he be chosen in front of?
1. Tim Tebow
2. Graham Harrell
3. Sam Bradford
4. Colt McCoy
5. Michael Crabtree
6. Dez Bryant
7. Chase Daniel
8. Jeremy Maclin

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
As already posted, who should he be chosen in front of?
1. Tim Tebow
2. Graham Harrell
3. Sam Bradford
4. Colt McCoy
5. Michael Crabtree
6. Dez Bryant
7. Chase Daniel
8. Jeremy Maclin

Exactly, those guys all put up bigger stats. Maybe if Green had a few hundred receiving yards he would get more looks...

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron