INSIDER: ISU no longer recruiting Wright, visitor information

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
I think that there's a reason why most coaches aren't as honest or "stand-up" as Prohm behind the scenes. Being this honest has a chance to bite you in the rear. What I would do is try to schedule the official visit as late as possible. If that means telling him that the best weekend to visit is for the SJSU or Baylor game, so be it. That would give them enough time to try to get their bigger targets on campus first. You gotta play the game at this level, not be a nice guy. Hopefully this doesn't bite him.
Maybe they did try to do this, but he insisted on an earlier visit, which led to the parting. I don't know why you assume the staff didn't already try that.

Reactions: isutrevman

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Maybe they did try to do this, but he insisted on an earlier visit, which led to the parting. I don't know why you assume the staff didn't already try that.
Because he's smarter than the staff, obviously.

Reactions: ILikeCy

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Minny media getting round to the news.

@DWolfsenKSTP Further on McKinley Wright: Iowa St. targeting others too. Worth pointing out that the split is mutual. Can only help Pitino, etc. #gophers

Assuming this is from wright's side sounds reasonable that Prohm told him he'd not accept a early commitment due to other players and both moved on. The side that was rejected usually says it was mutual.

• Agree

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Minny media getting round to the news.

@DWolfsenKSTP Further on McKinley Wright: Iowa St. targeting others too. Worth pointing out that the split is mutual. Can only help Pitino, etc. #gophers

Assuming this is from wright's side sounds reasonable that Prohm told him he'd not accept a early commitment due to other players and both moved on. The side that was rejected usually says it was mutual.

Whatever the reason, someone else is going to get a good player. I get having higher targets on the board, but with this many open scholarships, he seemed worthy of one of them. I'll trust Prohm on this one, but it is a bit confusing from the outside looking in

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Whatever the reason, someone else is going to get a good player. I get having higher targets on the board, but with this many open scholarships, he seemed worthy of one of them. I'll trust Prohm on this one, but it is a bit confusing from the outside looking in

Why?

• Agree

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny

Just with the number of open scholarships, and how important it is to have good guard play. I would think he would be worthy of a scholarship if they've been after him this long, and the other offers he has from quality programs. But like I said, I'll trust Prohm on this.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

Obviously the staff is only going to sign one PG in this recruiting class, didn't matter if we had 2 or 6 scholarships available. Seems to me some people forget Jackson will be a senior PG in 2017/18. It has also been mentioned that Babb practiced some as a PG last year and was a pretty good assist guy in the CCL over the summer.

Our bigger need in this class is perimeter shooters and scorers with the graduation of Thomas, Burton and Mitrou-Long. My guess if we could sign McNeill, Lewis, Feazell, a HS PG or CG and two JUCO wing scorers, Prohm will feel he has a pretty solid roster for 2017/18.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Must have been really low on the guy not to see him as worth one of 6 open scholarships.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Must have been really low on the guy not to see him as worth one of 6 open scholarships.

I really doubt the staff plans on adding 6 freshman in one class. Prohm will need some minutes contributors from this class next year. Probably acombination of 3 freshman and 3 transfers/JC players.
Not knocking Wright he has potential to play at a high major but realistically he is a couple of years away from B12 ready like most players with his type of rating. No point for him or Prohm to sign and just to sit on the bench just on the possibility he develops. In the meanwhile CSP would be recruiting others to take his role for 2 years ending up in a transfer out.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I really doubt the staff plans on adding 6 freshman in one class. Prohm will need some minutes contributors from this class next year. Probably acombination of 3 freshman and 3 transfers/JC players.
Not knocking Wright he has potential to play at a high major but realistically he is a couple of years away from B12 ready like most players with his type of rating. No point for him or Prohm to sign and just to sit on the bench just on the possibility he develops. In the meanwhile CSP would be recruiting others to take his role for 2 years ending up in a transfer out.
Spot on. I feel like some people are reacting to this as if we are planning on signing 6 high schoolers and/or 6 early signing period guys.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
I dated a girl for 3 years. There were times during that period that I would have married her but in the end I could tell it wouldn't work. She's a wonderful girl but it wouldn't have been a good fit for team Cydkar.

Does this help some of you?
Ya saying she was a 4 pt 1 rebound reserve who hit a three once in awhile?

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
FWIW, I'm hearing ISU will try to add two or three in the fall, then go heavy JUCO, immediately eligible transfers in the spring. Perhaps a sit out transfer too.

Makes sense. We have to find 2-3 immediate starters. I hope we can get Davion Cole-Johnson. He looks like an explosive guard.

Finding a forward that can handle the ball and create offense will be important too.