On to Football Season

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Iowa will be young in the secondary...depth at DLine and poor at best at WR IMO. Better hope Wadley stays healthy cause whoever is behind him is unproven..Not to mention a brand new QB..Calling it now..Wyoming over Iowa game 1. Wyoming is good and returned several stud players.

Wyoming is very good and their QB is the best we will face all year, and easily the toughest non conference game on our schedule. Iowa almost always loses 1 non conference game and to me this is the most likely one this year. Hopefully they round into shape fast and are ready to go game 1.

• Funny
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
How does ISU lose an instate kid to a MAC program?

That is bad, especially an OL prospect since the ISU staff has an "OL guru" on it.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
That is exactly what I am saying.

I find that hard to believe since Campbell pulled a scholly of a kid that committed early in the process last year. Why wouldnt he just do the same?

Typical "did not want him anyway" response from ISU fan when they lose a recruit to a MAC school.

• Informative

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I find that hard to believe since Campbell pulled a scholly of a kid that committed early in the process last year. Why wouldnt he just do the same?

Typical "did not want him anyway" response from ISU fan when they lose a recruit to a MAC school.

You are trying too hard.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
You are trying too hard.

Well why would CMC and staff hand out hundreds of early offers if they arent committable?

He literally pulled a scholly from a commit last year, what is stopping him from accepting Todd's verbal and then pulling it if something better comes along?

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Well why would CMC and staff hand out hundreds of early offers if they arent committable?

He literally pulled a scholly from a commit last year, what is stopping him from accepting Todd's verbal and then pulling it if something better comes along?
Clearly you don't understand how 99% of teams recruit.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Clearly you don't understand how 99% of teams recruit.

Yeah, EVERY team tosses out offers. I mean, I'm sure that iowa has out 5-6 QB offers. Do the idiots here really believe that they would take a commitment from their 6th rated kid right now? No. They wouldn't. If ISU really wants Todd, they'll try to flip him later on. Obviously, they have other guys they would rather have right now. That's how recruiting works. If you really believe that ISU got beat by a MAC school for an in-state OL, well, you're trying too hard to bag on ISU. It's just not reality.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

Maybe because you only have 20-25 scholarships to fill? Would iowa take a commit from every player they offer? No. They have a board just like everyone else with ratings. They slow play some kids, get beat out on others. Some are automatic takes while some are wait and see how they do in the fall.

As far as pulling a scholarship, schools pull scholarships all the time. When a guy commits in summer and then has a bad SR year, that's bound to happen. You do have to be a little more careful with in-state guys, because pulling scholarships there can result in bad local press. It is what it is.

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016
Maybe because you only have 20-25 scholarships to fill? Would iowa take a commit from every player they offer? No. They have a board just like everyone else with ratings. They slow play some kids, get beat out on others. Some are automatic takes while some are wait and see how they do in the fall.

As far as pulling a scholarship, schools pull scholarships all the time. When a guy commits in summer and then has a bad SR year, that's bound to happen. You do have to be a little more careful with in-state guys, because pulling scholarships there can result in bad local press. It is what it is.

When I think of slow playing, I think of holding off on offering until late in the process. Not handing out several hundred offers and then not allowing kids to commit.

• Informative

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Yeah, EVERY team tosses out offers. I mean, I'm sure that iowa has out 5-6 QB offers. Do the idiots here really believe that they would take a commitment from their 6th rated kid right now? No. They wouldn't. If ISU really wants Todd, they'll try to flip him later on. Obviously, they have other guys they would rather have right now. That's how recruiting works. If you really believe that ISU got beat by a MAC school for an in-state OL, well, you're trying too hard to bag on ISU. It's just not reality.

So ISU has like 300 offer out right now. How many of them does ISU even want?

CyNerd

Jul 2, 2014
Lot of ignorance in this thread.

http://iowa.247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/Targets

100+ on that list. Most have offers. Most of those offers are probably contingent on something, aka Iowa not getting their top target, them actually developing their SR year, etc. I'm not even certain that is a comprehensive list. Point is, every school does it. You are informed now, so any further comment on it means you have chosen to be a troll or are a moron.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron