On to Football Season

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Poll: which team will be more improved this year from last, ISU or UI?

Easily ISU. ISU only won 3 games last year and play a really easy schedule this year. Should Beat UNI, Akron, Kansas and Tech. They should have a chance to also beat TCU, Baylor, Texas, and K State, as those teams are really average. Just beat two of those 4 average teams, and ISU goes bowling. The only teams they don't have a very good shot of beating us OU, WVU and OSU.

ISU really should be in a bowl game or it will be a disappointing year. When your schedule is this easy you have to take advantage. I see 6 wins for ISU this year, and no way Iowa wins 11.

• Funny
Reactions: TheJackWePack5

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Easily ISU. ISU only won 3 games last year and play a really easy schedule this year. Should Beat UNI, Akron, Kansas and Tech. They should have a chance to also beat TCU, Baylor, Texas, and K State, as those teams are really average. Just beat two of those 4 average teams, and ISU goes bowling. The only teams they don't have a very good shot of beating us OU, WVU and OSU.

ISU really should be in a bowl game or it will be a disappointing year. When your schedule is this easy you have to take advantage. I see 6 wins for ISU this year, and no way Iowa wins 11.

Not gonna completely take the troll bait but you do realize that K-State was good last year, and probably will be really good in 2017, right?

YeahBuddy

Jul 11, 2016

KSU will probably be Top 3 in the Big 12 this season and ISU never beats them.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Not gonna completely take the troll bait but you do realize that K-State was good last year, and probably will be really good in 2017, right?

Not a troll, I think ISU should win 6 games this year. You should Win at least 2 non conference games, so you just need 4 Big12 wins. Kansas, Tech, Texas, Baylor, TCU, and K State are all winable games.

Last edited:

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Was reading a thread a bit ago on /r/NFL about which college coaches they think would succeed in the NFL. A reasonable number of times, Ferentz was mentioned (on the idea that he is great at developing talent and getting the most out of his players given most of them are 3-stars). How do ya'll feel about that assessment of NFL potential? The one thing I did notice was that while his players were commented on, his style of game really wasn't discussed in terms of transitioning it to the NFL game.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
They return most of a 9-4 team. They'll be good.

If they are in the "unbeatable" category, why did ISU almost beat them both last year and two years ago. ISU will be better than the last two years and K State the same or worse than last year. If K State does win 9 again it will be because they play the biggest cream puff non confernce schedule ever this year and go 5-4 in the Big12 and win a bowl game

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
If they are in the "unbeatable" category, why did ISU almost beat them both last year and two years ago. ISU will be better than the last two years and K State the same or worse than last year. If K State does win 9 again it will be because they play the biggest cream puff non confernce schedule ever this year and go 5-4 in the Big12 and win a bowl game
Please justify this.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
K state isn't going to be that great this year, as Snyders health is gonna be a issue. Plus ISU could/should have beaten KState the last 2 years, no reason ISU can't beat them.

This has to be a troll. K State will be good this year and has been a really solid program under Snyder

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
Please justify this.

I said they can get to 9 wins again, it won't take a lot with their schedule. They scheduled 3 non conference wins, go 5-4 in conference and then win their bowl game. So no I wouldn't bet agaisnt them winning 9 again. I would bet against them getting to 10, and it wouldn't shock me if they won less than 9.

As far as a justification, one year has nothing to do with the next. Snyders health is in decline and KState has been horrible their entire history without him. Also it is a prediction, kind of like I said Michigan would beat OSU and Louisville on here and everyone ripped me a new one. I don't just tow the "caulk" line or say since they won 9 last year they will automatically do so again. WVU, OSU, and OU are far and away better than the rest of the Big12 pack this year.

HawkeyeMashup

Feb 17, 2017
This has to be a troll. K State will be good this year and has been a really solid program under Snyder

Not a troll, teams don't always do as well as they did the year before, heck see Iowa, ND, MSU, all sorts of pre season ranked teams don't come close to last year or their pre season ranking.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
I said they can get to 9 wins again, it won't take a lot with their schedule. They scheduled 3 non conference wins, go 5-4 in conference and then win their bowl game. So no I wouldn't bet agaisnt them winning 9 again. I would bet against them getting to 10, and it wouldn't shock me if they won less than 9.

As far as a justification, one year has nothing to do with the next. Snyders health is in decline and KState has been horrible their entire history without him. Also it is a prediction, kind of like I said Michigan would beat OSU and Louisville on here and everyone ripped me a new one. I don't just tow the "caulk" line or say since they won 9 last year they will automatically do so again. WVU, OSU, and OU are far and away better than the rest of the Big12 pack this year.

Sorry, but you can't convince me that K-State doesn't have a good chance to finish with 10 wins and a top 3 Big 12 season.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Not a troll, teams don't always do as well as they did the year before, heck see Iowa, ND, MSU, all sorts of pre season ranked teams don't come close to last year or their pre season ranking.

Kansas State has won 53 games the last 6 years

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron