Pollard and Tuesday Announcement

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I am holding out hope because Cyclones.com lists the press conference under "Football". Hopefully the preseason game is just one of many announcements

Well it’s Campbell’s weekly conference.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
Why?

I’d rather have Utah or OKC or Denver. Plus the only reason this is happening is because the wolves play in dsm.

I agree and to add on to that there are already several other events at WF that weekend so it was likely a "we have the date and opponent but need somewhere to play" thing.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think its awesome. I'm definitely going to go. I kind of wish season ticket holders got first choice on seat location but that may be out of his hands.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
They way CSU looks this year, I expect beer drinking to be way up at the games.[/QUOTE]

Here is a picture at the CSU game in the second half last Saturday night (beautiful night BTW). I can only assume everyone was in line to get beer?
Dlfa1EpUUAAZA52.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
They way CSU looks this year, I expect beer drinking to be way up at the games.

Here is a picture at the CSU game in the second half last Saturday night (beautiful night BTW). I can only assume everyone was in line to get beer?
Dlfa1EpUUAAZA52.jpg
[/QUOTE]

The lines for beer were too long, But McClellans was open!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
What a colossal disappointment if this is the announcement... All 7 NBA fans in the area get to see the backups play. If Giannis Antetokounmpo plays then maybe it'll be fun for like 5 minutes
You realize an NHL preseason game in Des Moines has sold a TON of tickets?
I would say NHL watchers are less than NBA watchers in this area.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's super cool to have the opportunity to host NBA teams in Hilton. The Athletic Department needs to cool it with these hyped up press conferences, though.

We are the one that hype it up. They simply say they have an announcements. It’s on you if you think it is a big deal.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm