RECRUITING: Jeff Beverly to visit on May 3

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Beverly has had some other school after him, it's not just ISU. He visited New Mexico, which is traditionally a basketball school with The Pit. Nevada and Miami both contacted him too and they were both tournament teams. So that's ISU, Miami, New Mexico, and Nevada. That's a good group of schools.

Beverly want to be Burton essentially.
Did he visit NM? Contacted isn't the same as recruiting imo.

In his own words about the programs recruiting him:
“I have a lot of mid-major schools who are recruiting me but I am really locked in on Iowa State"

Given the time of year, that's a very modest list.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010
How cute.

Yes, no one is worried in that sense. But doubt in making it 7 in a row? Yes. Of course you don't have control over that, so despite your post count you're probably completely apathetic about any upcoming seasons and games.

Right, that no sure thing angle. I hope your lottery investing works for you.

Oh no! You came at me with a post count blast!

Yep... what can I say 2200 posts over 7 years.... I mean we all can't blather to the point of 1200 posts in just over a month.

What we are going through this off season is coming a year later than expected thanks to Monte coming back. If you didn't see a rebuild coming in 17-18 its because you didn't want too and adding a JUCO player (with zero experience) wasn't going to change that.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
SIAP............

I looked at his shooting stats (the ones Messi posted earlier in this thread) and saw .397% overall
and .232% from 3-pt range. I hope those are typos, or that's a bit concerning. But looking at his highlights, he looks like he has a smooth shooting stroke, and works hard under the basket. 250 pounds is a strong dude.

Cyballzz

Feb 1, 2010

“I have a lot of mid-major schools who are recruiting me but I am really locked in on Iowa State"

He rescheduled to visit Iowa State

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
SIAP............

I looked at his shooting stats (the ones Messi posted earlier in this thread) and saw .397% overall
and .232% from 3-pt range. I hope those are typos, or that's a bit concerning. But looking at his highlights, he looks like he has a smooth shooting stroke, and works hard under the basket. 250 pounds is a strong dude.

I noticed that video said 6'6". Another recent print I read said 6'5". So I'm guessing he's 6'4", correct?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

ISU is only scheduled visit right now but Nevada and Miami were both tournament teams.

tb4state08

Mar 4, 2016
Des Moines, IA

That's my favorite line. Who in their right mind wouldn't prefer Iowa State over a bunch of mid-majors and light conversations with NCAA tourney teams. I'd be ecstatic to try and join Iowa State too if those were my options. I remain optimistic as we don't have many other choices and hopeful our offense would better suit him.

• Agree
Reactions: FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Oh no! You came at me with a post count blast!

Yep... what can I say 2200 posts over 7 years.... I mean we all can't blather to the point of 1200 posts in just over a month
Yeah, you totally missed on that one. It's not a post count blast, it's your silliness in alluding to being apathetic despite clearly being otherwise.

Morris declaring last spring doesn't tangibly increase the chance next year is a tournament team. But if it makes you feel better about next year, by all means.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
ISU is only scheduled visit right now but Nevada and Miami were both tournament teams.
But are Nevada and Miami recruiting him? I'm not surprised a guy this late tells a reporter of everyone that has looked. It's not time to be picky, but we're beating mid-majors for him imo.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
It's just so hard to tell from watching a highlight reel, but he doesn't have P5 quickness. He does know how to use his ass a la Niang. He looks like an undersized stretch 4. He gets to the line and makes his free throws, so that's a plus. You gotta give credit to a guy that goes from the UTSA football team to walking on the basketball team to a scholarship in the Big 12. He will help, but not sure how much. I don't see the Hogue or Bowie comparisons, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. He's a unique player.

• Agree
Reactions: Doc and FinalFourCy

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
It's just so hard to tell from watching a highlight reel, but he doesn't have P5 quickness. He does know how to use his ass a la Niang. He looks like an undersized stretch 4. He gets to the line and makes his free throws, so that's a plus. You gotta give credit to a guy that goes from the UTSA football team to walking on the basketball team to a scholarship in the Big 12. He will help, but not sure how much. I don't see the Hogue or Bowie comparisons, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. He's a unique player.

I don't think people are comparing his game to Bowie. Just impact wise.

Reactions: SolarGarlic

spitfyr36

Dec 19, 2011
He's obviously coming here. Prohm is at the desperate stage with getting front court transfers so he will take whoever he can at this point. Disappointing because this guy has no business being in the Big 12

Based off a 3 minute highlight reel?

"Bad day for the 'Prohm CAN Recruit' crowd" thread on its way

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
He's obviously coming here. Prohm is at the desperate stage with getting front court transfers so he will take whoever he can at this point. Disappointing because this guy has no business being in the Big 12
I wouldn't call it desperate or disappointing to take a flyer on Beverly. We have the scholarships available and he'll only use it for a year.

Did Holden live up to his expectations? No.
Did he hurt ISU this year? No.
Did he burn up a scholarship long term? No.
Did he help ISU here and there? Yes.

Big_Sill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 4, 2008
He looks like a Hogue/Burton hybrid. If he can at least gobble up rebounds, I'll be happy.

I see nothing about Beverly that makes me compare him to Hogue or Burton. Hogue and Burton were top notch athletes. I see more of a bad Niang.

• Agree

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
But are Nevada and Miami recruiting him? I'm not surprised a guy this late tells a reporter of everyone that has looked. It's not time to be picky, but we're beating mid-majors for him imo.

He told CW last night he's hearing from Georgetown, St. Johns and New Mexico

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron