Anyone heard from Huckleberry (LakeBison)???

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
hate to say it...as delusional as Lakebison is, he's got us on the cheering thing. I was psyched after having been in marching band my entire time in school to finally watch a game from the student section. I was frankly disappointed in the energy level. Granted I was in the upper deck, but I was really expecting people to be more into the game.

We have had issues like this for years. Pretty much because we sucked so bad for decades that there was little to cheer about. But there is a lot to say about level of competion. Nebraska and Texas tech in 2002 were perhaps the 2 best game atmospheres we have had that didn't include Iowa. 2005 Colorado as well.

LeBron

Nov 12, 2008
I dominated your sorry tailgating lot and your fans. I mean SERIOUSLY cyclone fans. take one of those "WOMEN INTERESTED IN FOOTBALL" seminars.... you guys didnt know how or when to cheer.

you cheered ONLY on 3rd downs, and you cheered a punt that went into the end zone for a touchback (*my personal favorite*)

you were getting OWNED by our offensive line, and without a 1 yard line fumble and an INT off a helmet, its a tie ball game.

NOT TO MENTION THE SCREW JOB 1st play into the 2nd quarter on the OBVIOUS fumble by your running back.

I had a blast with the cyclone fans that were cool enough to chat with us in the front of the tailgate lot *(which once again was dominated by NDSU busses, rigs and flags*)

props to those fans!

THIS IS MY 1 and ONLY POST. so eat it up!!

PEACE!!!! FCS school pushed you around, period.
YOU pushed us AROUND? we WON 34-17, captain JACK ***

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I saw that post from lakes coming a mile away.

But he was right, crowd was lame last night. I talked with several people about how it was just really chill.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I talked to a couple of girls from NDSU that really liked the tailgating atmosphere before the game. They were excited to go out after the game, but were confused as to why the concession stands don't sell Beer like they do at the FargoDome.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
- The crowd was good, but a lot of people sat on their hands and didn't raise their voices. That will change next week.

- I opted not to tailgate with any NDSU fans (I don't have a good history of interacting with the opposition and can easily come off like jerk after I've had a few). Regardless, the NDSU fans did a decent job of representing. I guarantee there won't be that many Baylor fans at JT, possibly the same thing with CU.

- The only thing NDSU dominated yesterday was jean shorts and Wal-Mart brand knockoff team t-shirts.

- NDSU will probably win 7-8 games this year. They're a decent team and Pachall looked pretty good. Yes, things would have been different if you didn't fumble on the one and the ball bounced this way or that way, but that's football. For every bad bounce NDSU had, ISU had their bad bounce or "what if" to counter.

- Glad you had a good time and I hope that trip back to Fargo wasn't too rough.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Well, lets face it, a lot of this crowd probably came in after a whole day at work. Theyre gonna be a bit worn out before they even make it in the stadium, so the cheering might not get as much, especially as you get later in the night.

SpRiNgLiMe

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2007
Ames
I will say the crowd wasn't up to par last night. Every year I wish we had some more rabid fans outside the student section, but that just isn't the way ISU fans are (sadly). Last night, on the whole, the crowd didn't have the electricity or spark or whatever you want to call it.

That said, I'm sure we will bring it next week.

Go State! (and UNI this week)

mikerobe

Aug 22, 2009
Des Moines
I dominated your sorry tailgating lot and your fans. I mean SERIOUSLY cyclone fans. take one of those "WOMEN INTERESTED IN FOOTBALL" seminars.... you guys didnt know how or when to cheer.

you cheered ONLY on 3rd downs, and you cheered a punt that went into the end zone for a touchback (*my personal favorite*)

you were getting OWNED by our offensive line, and without a 1 yard line fumble and an INT off a helmet, its a tie ball game.

NOT TO MENTION THE SCREW JOB 1st play into the 2nd quarter on the OBVIOUS fumble by your running back.

I had a blast with the cyclone fans that were cool enough to chat with us in the front of the tailgate lot *(which once again was dominated by NDSU busses, rigs and flags*)

props to those fans!

I drink your milkshake.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I dominated your sorry tailgating lot and your fans.

I had a blast with the cyclone fans that were cool enough to chat with us in the front of the tailgate lot *(which once again was dominated by NDSU busses, rigs and flags*) props to those fans!

Interesting. We were commenting in our tailgate area how few Bison fans were there. We did meet a few good fans. There was a guy in our Section (20) that we were all making fun of (to ourselves) because he didn't know how to clap. Good times.

snowcraig2.0

Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I dominated your sorry tailgating lot and your fans. I mean SERIOUSLY cyclone fans. take one of those "WOMEN INTERESTED IN FOOTBALL" seminars.... you guys didnt know how or when to cheer.<BR> <BR>
you cheered ONLY on 3rd downs, and you cheered a punt that went into the end zone for a touchback (*my personal favorite*)<BR> <BR>
you were getting OWNED by our offensive line, and without a 1 yard line fumble and an INT off a helmet, its a tie ball game.<BR> <BR>
NOT TO MENTION THE SCREW JOB 1st play into the 2nd quarter on the OBVIOUS fumble by your running back.<BR> <BR> <BR>
I had a blast with the cyclone fans that were cool enough to chat with us in the front of the tailgate lot *(which once again was dominated by NDSU busses, rigs and flags*)<BR> <BR>
props to those fans!<BR> <BR>
THIS IS MY 1 and ONLY POST. so eat it up!!<BR> <BR>

34 - 17

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
- The crowd was good, but a lot of people sat on their hands and didn't raise their voices. That will change next week.

- I opted not to tailgate with any NDSU fans (I don't have a good history of interacting with the opposition and can easily come off like jerk after I've had a few). Regardless, the NDSU fans did a decent job of representing. I guarantee there won't be that many Baylor fans at JT, possibly the same thing with CU.

- The only thing NDSU dominated yesterday was jean shorts and Wal-Mart brand knockoff team t-shirts.

- NDSU will probably win 7-8 games this year. They're a decent team and Pachall looked pretty good. Yes, things would have been different if you didn't fumble on the one and the ball bounced this way or that way, but that's football. For every bad bounce NDSU had, ISU had their bad bounce or "what if" to counter.

- Glad you had a good time and I hope that trip back to Fargo wasn't too rough.

No way!!! :jimlad:

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown

props to those fans!

Mr. LakeBison. What you have posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this website is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Reactions: Flag Guy

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
Mr. LakeBison. What you have posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this website is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Somebody skimmed . . .

Well, lets face it, a lot of this crowd probably came in after a whole day at work. Theyre gonna be a bit worn out before they even make it in the stadium, so the cheering might not get as much, especially as you get later in the night.

I think this may have had a little effect on things. I know I was pretty beat after being up at 6 to work, going to class, starting tailgating at 1, drinking a pretty fair amount, and then stumbling in to the stadium way to late by my standards and being way to far away. Which was initially a pretty good buzz kill for me.

I was pretty taken back at how full the student section was 30 minutes in, filled with tons of freshman who still need to learn a little about Big 12 football.

But definitely the closer to the field you are in the student section, typically the better the energy is. That is why I go into games early to make sure I'm in the first 20 rows at least (36 last night . . .) and I refuse to sit in the upper deck. I'll find a space for myself before I join friends in the upper deck.

lakesbison

Jul 14, 2009
Yea, so to recap:

Your crowd wasn't loud, they didn't know how or when to cheer, you're donor section fans sitting in daddy's seats were clueless.

Your tailgating was average at best, the whole front of G2 at intersection was NDSU flags and busses.

Our O Line ran over your sorry *** D line, and we got SCREWED with the fumble at the start of the 2nd quarter, put THAT and our QB fumble away from the scoreboard, and its 31-27 NDSU.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Yea, so to recap:

Your crowd wasn't loud, they didn't know how or when to cheer, you're donor section fans sitting in daddy's seats were clueless.

Your tailgating was average at best, the whole front of G2 at intersection was NDSU flags and busses.

Our O Line ran over your sorry *** D line, and we got SCREWED with the fumble at the start of the 2nd quarter, put THAT and our QB fumble away from the scoreboard, and its 31-27 NDSU.

Sounds like a Nebraska fan back in the 90's.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
Yea, so to recap:

You promised only one post. I guess we now know that you are dishonest as well as ignorant.

CycloneYoda

Jan 27, 2009
Yea, so to recap:

The excuse machine is in the "on" position.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
You promised only one post. I guess we now know that you are dishonest as well as ignorant.

He's probably already been banned from the next opponent's boards so he's back here to feed his habit.