Wendy Wintersteen & Jamie Pollard Address the Fans

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Some of you need to calm down… trying your hardest to decipher a little video.
“Jamie blinked twice when he said Texas… does that mean we are going D2??”
“Wendy shifted her weight when JP said OU… I’m pretty sure thats a hint that we are going to the SEC…”

Stop over analyzing and just drink a beer.
Now there is some sound advice!

• Winner
Reactions: aauummm

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Some of you need to calm down… trying your hardest to decipher a little video.
“Jamie blinked twice when he said Texas… does that mean we are going D2??”
“Wendy shifted her weight when JP said OU… I’m pretty sure thats a hint that we are going to the SEC…”

Stop over analyzing and just drink a beer.
After watching it again, He specifically named Bowlsby, I took that as a underhanded shot, just the way he said it. The way he explained the GOR in detail with emphasis, that was directed at OU and UT. Then laying it out for the long run, this is all legal posturing and some in your face comments for those that will be aware he is talking to them.
Your beer, your beer!

Reactions: 2speedy1

HawaiiClone

Dec 4, 2020
While greener pastures lie beyond the Big 12 minus OU and UT, we still have solid football programs. Baylor, ISU, K-State, Ok State, TCU and WV have had national success in the last 10 years. KU and Texas Tech have had national success in the last 15 years. ISU, K-State, Ok State, WV and Texas Tech have above average fan bases. TCU and Baylor have decent fanbases that bring something to the table. For the losing that they have endured, KU's fan base has still somewhat stuck around.

It's because we have solid programs that we think we can move to stronger conferences.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
Spoiler alert: There will be a negotiated buyout. But Big 12 definitely is in the strongest position. If the numbers we are hearing are around $100 mil each, that’s $25 mil per school. Good, but not program-changing, money.

Perhaps use the money to pay their way into another conference.

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
If ISU (or and conference member) wanted to leave the Big 12 conference, it'd have to deal with the exit plenty fee. Seems like the SEC would assist in Oklahoma and Texas with this to get them into the conference sooner. The other 8 teams don't have this luxury, even if they wanted a divorce from the Big 12 as well.

Makes sense for the other 8 schools to hold their ground. If Oklahoma and Texas pay up the city fee, then they are no longer a part of the big 12. The remaining 8 teams can then renegotiate exit fees if they desire.

However, this will hinder recruiting long term because then the big 12, in my opinion, is a ship without a captain.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Anyone else notice both of them were wearing strong, cardinal ISU shirts? Pretty surprised they didn’t wear black ISU stuff. Seems pretty obvious that’s a clear shot at Campbell. Don’t be shocked if Matt puts in his two weeks this week.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
You have to be right. Jamie isn't falling for this. He knows it's over, and this was a poker face.
What's over? The B12? Very likely. But as I posted in another thread, this is about how the pieces fall over the next couple of years. There's way too much involved to expect a super conference in a short time. He's absolutely correct in preaching patience (one thing people are having less and less of). Of course they extended a plea in that our fans make the extra push this year to elevate Iowa State's value. It can be done from the board of regents to the casual fan in Alaska do the doctor in a lab. The longer the B12 can make the GOR work, the more time we have to further improve an already good position at the table. It's a chess game folks. It's as simple as that. Strategizing to improve your position so the final strike is indefensible.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
If ISU (or and conference member) wanted to leave the Big 12 conference, it'd have to deal with the exit plenty fee. Seems like the SEC would assist in Oklahoma and Texas with this to get them into the conference sooner. The other 8 teams don't have this luxury, even if they wanted a divorce from the Big 12 as well.

Makes sense for the other 8 schools to hold their ground. If Oklahoma and Texas pay up the city fee, then they are no longer a part of the big 12. The remaining 8 teams can then renegotiate exit fees if they desire.

However, this will hinder recruiting long term because then the big 12, in my opinion, is a ship without a captain.
We, simply can not ignore the price of borrowing. I'll bet athletic departs have leveraged the incredible interest rates and, effectively, have already budgeted and/or spent what they 'expect' from the 'gate' and 'media'. What I'm saying is that the SEC is, most likely, highly leveraged. To think they're basking in a bucket of money to buy out the B12 GOR, I believe is a stretch. If for no other reason than to allow the same foresight to buyout OSU, PSU, UM. That would mean ESPN would have to pony up immediately as well. With interest rates inevitably climbing soon the days of massive borrowing are coming to an end. I just don't see how any of this can happen in a short period of time. So, patience is on our side.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Does JP really believe OU and UT will be playing in the Big 12 beyond the '22 season? He talked a lot about having 4 years to figure things out. He can't really believe that can he?
l2PbNGc.gif

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
We, simply can not ignore the price of borrowing. I'll bet athletic departs have leveraged the incredible interest rates and, effectively, have already budgeted and/or spent what they 'expect' from the 'gate' and 'media'. What I'm saying is that the SEC is, most likely, highly leveraged. To think they're basking in a bucket of money to buy out the B12 GOR, I believe is a stretch. If for no other reason than to allow the same foresight to buyout OSU, PSU, UM. That would mean ESPN would have to pony up immediately as well. With interest rates inevitably climbing soon the days of massive borrowing are coming to an end. I just don't see how any of this can happen in a short period of time. So, patience is on our side.

Less of a stretch from this statement.

• Informative

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Does JP really believe OU and UT will be playing in the Big 12 beyond the '22 season? He talked a lot about having 4 years to figure things out. He can't really believe that can he?

Nobody believes that - not even Pollard or Wintersteen. Everybody knows that this conference is for all intents and purposes done at the end of this season. That was a message to UT and OU to get their checkbooks ready because what they want they’re not going to get cheaply.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron