Report: OU & Texas reach out to join SEC

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sometimes, when Texas and Oklahoma love each other very much, they talk in private to another conference called the SEC.....
And then they get really turned on by what they hear and turn around and give it the rest of the remaining schools dry, in the back door.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
lets start with conspiracy to commit financial crimes

dr wintersteen maybe seem like this little old lady but she is sharp as a whip, and most of the time she would just be like whatever to football, but i bet these 8 presidents have a lot of connections inside the fbi and doj, and the fbi has had their eyes and ears on college sports for a while

Reactions: CyclonesMoney

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
ESPN's money. Basically, the Big 12 is saying ESPN is communicating with members about possible values and payouts in the event of realignment which will damage the value of the Big 12. And the Big 12 is correct. They are setting up a lawsuit.
And would this make them (ESPN) a co-defendant in the Big XII's financial damages lawsuit against Ou and uT?

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I am struggling to understand what this gains the Big 12. The damage is already done. It's not like this would void Texas and OU going to the SEC. Those talks already happened.

I'll give it a shot again. Maybe along with the money OU/UT will pay for early out............maybe the "8" found out some info and figured the punitive/damage part should be laid at the feet of ESPN. Which might be much easier to prove harm. Because OU/UT have not by definition left yet. They could play it out until 2025 if the conference so allows. Which If I understand the conference can dump them right now while still retaining their media rights until 2025. Maybe I'm wrong.

Now after the dust settles this doesn't address where ISU will be playing football. If I'm a betting man it will either be a re-vamped Big 12 with 2-4 new members......or the Big 10.

Reactions: CyTwister

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Thats actually a lot worse of what ESPN did than I thought it maybe. A school probably reported back to Big 12 (WVU? A Texas school?)

Gotta think it's Kansas/ACC to combine with Notre Dame/ACC. It's been rumored ESPN wants a blueblood College Football conference (SEC) and blueblood College Basketball conference (ACC) and they hold huge media rights to both of those conferences.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
It's the best move the conference can make. They have to protect their interests.

If any of you have listened to LeBatard since he left ESPN, he's been vocal as have his guests about the terrible leadership at ESPN. They are reactionary and absolutely hate negative publicity. They run away from it at all costs. It will be interesting to see what ESPN does in response to this.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Gotta think it's Kansas/ACC to combine with Notre Dame/ACC. It's been rumored ESPN wants a blueblood College Football conference (SEC) and blueblood College Basketball conference (ACC) and they hold huge media rights to both of those conferences.
Or possibly WVU to the ACC to continue to split the remaining 8 until few enough are left to sue them for their actions.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
There have been rumors floating that ESPN has been pushing the ACC to add ND and WVU. Also talking with those schools.
And offering to renegotiate the ACC deal if they do. Which everyone wants. But also could mean it would allow Clemson and or FSU to move to the SEC if they renegotiate the ACC GOR and contract.
ESPN is pulling all the strings.

Hestia_Abnegation11

Oct 29, 2017
Why would WVU or KU say something? If it's ACC obviously both would stand to benefit by joining. Someone didn't want this to happen and reported it to the Big 12. Makes me wonder...obviously could be a lower tier person in those universities but I don't know.