Someone say the silent part out loud for me

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Absolutely horrifying stuff, but the very last post gets right to what the rest of them really wanted to say but feared they couldn't. Same with many of the Twitter Hawks who go on about "homegrown Iowa talent" and "Clark was raised better than Reese," "I'm proud that my team was classy," etc. Just cut the pretense, drop the N word and let the world know who you really are
The lack of moderation shows they are fine with the N word

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
The whole story has racial undertones, that is undeniable. Go search Angel Reese into a Twitter search bar and see what big names are defending her and who is not, it's just the reality of the society we live in.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I suppose that could be a thing. If so then ESPN is really stupid because its really damn hard to advance in the tournament
I mean Uconn made 14 straight final 4's but pop off. lol

GoldCy

Jul 11, 2016
The whole story has racial undertones, that is undeniable. Go search Angel Reese into a Twitter search bar and see what big names are defending her and who is not, it's just the reality of the society we live in.
As I said, neither side is above criticism if you're being honest. Sad.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
True. We're in a different era of CBB now though too. Doesnt mean they cant go do it but its a lot less of a slam dunk
I mean getting to host the first couple rounds as a top seed is a massive bonus in the women's game though too. Much more likely to get to the sweet 16 and beyond imo.

• Winner
Reactions: carvers4math

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Absolutely horrifying stuff, but the very last post gets right to what the rest of them really wanted to say but feared they couldn't. Same with many of the Twitter Hawks who go on about "homegrown Iowa talent" and "Clark was raised better than Reese," "I'm proud that my team was classy," etc. Just cut the pretense, drop the N word and let the world know who you really are
You could argue that LSU wasn't very classy, but that it comes from their coach, a white woman, who has a lengthy history of ****** behavior.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
Sure, sure.
Yeah. They're just saying things like "It's too bad that the story was the horrible officiating" and "My word, but that young Reese girl's behavior was terrible" .

When, in reality, in their trailers and bars they are saying "We got screwed by the Refs" while donning their white supremacist robes and talking about how there were two black refs and the black players hated Caitlin because she was white.

NOTE: This is somewhat satirical, but, as we know, the truth resides at the heart of all good satire.

ClonesFTW

Nov 13, 2013
Waukee
If I said the silent part out loud, I would be banned on CF.
The reality is if a white officiating crew called LSU’s non-white star players into foul trouble and Caitlin Clark followed around a non-white player mocking her when the game was over and then said she won this game for girls who “look like her” this story would be completely flipped.

Not saying it’s right or wrong but that’s how the media and social media run with stories.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
The reality is if a white officiating crew called LSU’s non-white star players into foul trouble and Caitlin Clark followed around a non-white player mocking her when the game was over and then said she won this game for girls who “look like her” this story would be completely flipped.

Not saying it’s right or wrong but that’s how the media and social media run with stories.
what media is running with this? All I have seen are racists bit on social media sites like Twitter, and Iowa message board?

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Why would the NCAA want to intentionally screw the biggest star in WBB out of winning a championship? I keep seeing people say(not all Hawk fans) that the game was not reffed fairly towards both ends and that "you know why" they wouldn't want Clark to be a national champion, which is why the game was fixed for LSU.

But I actually do not know why. At all. I'm beyond confused. Someone help.
Never ascribe malice to that which can be explained by incompetence. The NCAA didn't have an agenda. The refs just sucked, and they sucked for both teams (LSU just has better depth to soften the blow of their stars being in foul trouble).