Downtown Royals Stadium

JohnPrineforCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2019
This might be me being picky, but I feel like the outfield should face the city skyline (more northwest facing) and not the direction they have in the renderings
That was my only tiny gripe, but I'll take whatever. So ready to walk from casual animal or Jim's Alley to a game.

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
I know Earl (from Populous); he's been a part of some amazing sports facilities globally.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Don’t know if I agree that it’ll be easier to get to the new park. It’s pretty easy for me to get from Overland Park to Kauffman, but going downtown at that same time tends to be a cluster
I'm in south Overland Park. Right now Google is quoting 33 minutes to the K, and 35 minutes to the new stadium site. Factor in ease of parking at the K and I think it will take a little more time to get downtown.

That said downtown probably is quicker for KS people Lenexa, Shawnee, north OP, etc.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The fountains on the center of that pedestrian bridge look awesome.

swiacy

Apr 9, 2009
Really dynamic planning for KC and the location/design is great. Was in KC’s new airport last week and it was time, same as the K. Am in St Louis a lot and attend Cardinals games too. They built the new stadium and added Ballpark Village without changing parking much. We park on normal streets and walk in. It’s not bad but I know at my age I won’t be doing it much longer. But MLB is more family friendly than the NFL price wise so walking fits better in MLB.

Reactions: CloneIce

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
NBA and MLB stadiums belong in a downtown environment since the seasons are forever long..

NFL can make both work.. I wonder if the Chiefs now build a new dome stadium where the K is currently???

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
NBA and MLB stadiums belong in a downtown environment since the seasons are forever long..

NFL can make both work.. I wonder if the Chiefs now build a new dome stadium where the K is currently???
My guess is they will build their own village thing like the Packers have since they will have all that land to make it a year round thing