Wendy Wintersteen & Jamie Pollard Address the Fans

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Teams left when rumors of Texas and Oklahoma flirting with other conferences started. What were you expecting? The Big12 didn’t get solidified with the media contract and GoR until after those teams were already gone. What alternate reality are you remembering?

Pretty sure this is a poster that puts beating Iowa on a higher priority than winning the Fiesta Bowl because 1980s.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
This situation will be settled sooner rather than later. Both sides believe they have leverage. We know OU and UT want to join the SEC ASAP. They know that the uncertainty will destroy the remaining members the longer this goes on. Recruiting will be hurt, investments will be delayed, coaches will look for stability. It is in everybody’s best interest to find a settlement and move on.
6 months....hope it's sooner.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Teams left when rumors of Texas and Oklahoma flirting with other conferences started. What were you expecting? The Big12 didn’t get solidified with the media contract and GoR until after those teams were already gone. What alternate reality are you remembering?
You apparently forgot that Commissioner Beebe, with the support of the conference, gave Nebraska the ultimatum -of a week I believe - to declare whether they were "in or out." Nebraska then left.
Yet Texas went shopping, in a very public way, to the Pac 12, but were given no such "ultimatum."
Explain that please...yeah you can't.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclones1969

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Texas and OU rightly know that playing this out hurts the recruiting for the other 8 schools and they think that the remainders will cave and let them out so that we don't prolong the effects. I don't think there's a big incentive to do that right away. 4 years is college career. It's not until the last two or so that it's going to be a major problem. With kids ability to transfer will it ever really be a problem? I say call their bluff.
I hope that's right but I see it starting to harm things tomorrow, if not by this afternoon. Everything CMC has done is now leaning over and some kids won't want to wait and see.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
ISU's future depends on 2 very important people ( and we are damn lucky to have them)... JP and CMC.

Short term: Pollard will navigate us thru these waters and get us into another P5 conference. I have total confidence in this.

Long Term: Matt Campbell. If this goes the way I think it will go, the $ec will eventually turn into a 32 or 48 team league of relevant football teams, while everyone else is playing for fun and pride. Matt keeps us in that picture and ISU gets to stay at the big boy table.

Thank God ISU has picked a great time to be relevant in Football. It definitely helps our cause.
Agree about Pollard and Campbell. Unsure about the SEC becoming 32 or 48. I think they stay at 16 for the foreseeable future. [I'm hoping the other 3 Power conferences go 16 -18 members.]

If SEC goes 32 - 48 college football is screwed; SEC to 64 - 72 College football is still screwed, but maybe less so. Who would want the SEC or ESPN for that matter to be in such control? So many questions.

A lot of things I (we) can't see right now. I think we come out of this in a power conference and Campbell stays where he is, continues to help the cause of the 'resistance' (for the moment) against the SEC and large "conglomerations" or entities.

Worst case, SEC goes bigger than 16, up to anything less than 64, Campbell still stays for a couple of years then moves to the NFL. He either goes all the way Pro football or stays in "B" League. I believe he would be so against the "haves" vs. the have-nots in college football.

I know when the time comes for Campbell to make a statement, in the next weeks to month, he will be all ISU football. He will try to completely divert any distractions from the upcoming season.

• Dumb
Reactions: NWICY and I@ST1

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Yes, I have negotiated and threatened to sue the govt - The RTC. They were wrong and we both knew it. You need to hit the other with a baseball bat to the temple, especially when they are a bully. It worked. They backed down and there was an amicable solution. The two pussies are hoping the remaining 8 will give in. I hope they don't and play hardball.
I like your characterization of the 'two'. I'm sure we can come up with a few more!

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Im at work so I cant post a twitter link but ill quote it. Bruce Feldman tweeted "New Pac12 commissioner George Kliakoff has received "significant interest from many schools" regarding potential expansion opportunities"

Are we one of them? I sure hope so, because the pac12 is going to be far more willing to take teams and I dont seem them taking all 8 of us. I also dont see the BIG taking us so we better be making calls.

Nope. JP is too busy making videos and pretending to be that guy at the end of Animal House shouting "All is well!!!"

Roosterman

Mar 14, 2009
You apparently forgot that Commissioner Beebe, with the support of the conference, gave Nebraska the ultimatum -of a week I believe - to declare whether they were "in or out." Nebraska then left.
Yet Texas went shopping, in a very public way, to the Pac 12, but were given no such "ultimatum."
Explain that please...yeah you can't.

Big bad Texas always portrayed as the bad guy. Problem is we aren't.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Hasn't Nebraska recently started having issues with the B1G?

They've got their own issues.

Nebraska has issues with the Big 10 because:

1. Shortly after they joined the conference they lost their AAU status and that did not go over well with the members.

2. A decade in they think they have the same clout as Ohio State and can intimidate the conference into getting what it wants, only to realize OSU is the same kind of gorilla they thought they left behind in the Big 12.

In short, Nebraska's own attitude and actions are the reason why they're having issues with the Big 10.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
If the B1G does what Andy Staples suggests, taking the four California schools with Oregon and Washington, then the Big 12-Pac-12 merger would look like:

Big 12/Pac-12 West
Washington State
Oregon State
Arizona
Arizona State
Colorado
Utah
Texas Tech

Big 12/Pac-12 East
TCU
Baylor
Oklahoma State
Kansas
Kansas State
Iowa State
West Virginia

For geographic reasons, I would not be opposed to WVU landing an ACC invitation, adding BYU to the mix here, and pushing Texas Tech to the East.
So many threads/articles out there. Mind giving a link to the Andy Staples article. Thx.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Nebraska has issues with the Big 10 because:

1. Shortly after they joined the conference they lost their AAU status and that did not go over well with the members.
Interesting. How did that happen? How do you get accredited to the AAU ( Association of American Universities) or discredited from?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Interesting. How did that happen? How do you get accredited to the AAU ( Association of American Universities) or discredited from?

Nebraska's academics have been declining against AAU's principles for some time and they were removed by greater than a 2/3 majority vote.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
So many threads/articles out there. Mind giving a link to the Andy Staples article. Thx.

it’s in The Athletic; I actually am not much of a Staples fan so I don’t feel like googling for the link. But long story short, he thinks the B1G should add the six schools I mentioned

Reactions: t-noah

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron