Kade Blume

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Feels like people probably having varying opinions on what a "second chance" is. I don't have teenagers as my oldest kid is a 12 year old boy but trying to put my "parent" hat on.

To me, if it was my son I'd absolutely want him to have a second chance. However, that is meant on a broader life level....not a "lets weasel around legally and make sure you can wrestle ASAP". I would tell him his wrestling days are done until he gets his life in order and that he may never wrestle again while under my roof. There would be an extensive very specific "check list" that couldn't be done over night before I'd begin to consider to do something that I believe is a privilege. There would need to be complete life reformation and repentance. I'd need to see acknowledgement, ownership of the wrongdoing, genuine apoligies, community service, counseling, you name it....

What that kid did was horrific and damaging beyond what I could comprehend. My goal for a second chance would be to get to the point where he can live a productive, fruitful life and be an asset to people and the community. It would likely take years. However, it starts with attitude and it seems the attitude of the individual, the family, and the institution have not changed.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Fine. Why dont you, GMackey, and all the others that have dumbed my post, tomorrow head to 1009 story street, story City and let your voices be heard to the school district. That’d be more productive than whatever this is.
LOL, you are the one that can't stand your precious wrestler getting flack on the internet for raping some one. This thread was basically dormant till you jumped in with both feet.

CyCity

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2014
West Des Moines
He faced his consequences in court and served his punishment. Get over it. Apparently people can’t improve, per you.

Edit also per people who dumbed this. I hope you hold your children to such standards. Get into with the law? You’re on your own. You clearly don’t stand for criminals in your house

If one of my children did what he did, if they could wrestle would be the least of their concerns.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
Feels like people probably having varying opinions on what a "second chance" is. I don't have teenagers as my oldest kid is a 12 year old boy but trying to put my "parent" hat on.

To me, if it was my son I'd absolutely want him to have a second chance. However, that is meant on a broader life level....not a "lets weasel around legally and make sure you can wrestle ASAP". I would tell him his wrestling days are done until he gets his life in order and that he may never wrestle again while under my roof. There would be an extensive very specific "check list" that couldn't be done over night before I'd begin to consider to do something that I believe is a privilege. There would need to be complete life reformation and repentance. I'd need to see acknowledgement, ownership of the wrongdoing, genuine apoligies, community service, counseling, you name it....

What that kid did was horrific and damaging beyond what I could comprehend. My goal for a second chance would be to get to the point where he can live a productive, fruitful life and be an asset to people and the community. It would likely take years. However, it starts with attitude and it seems the attitude of the individual, the family, and the institution have not changed.
Yeah I’m having a hard time with the second chance with no consequences. At a minimum, he should be done wrestling and maybe even some juvie. He’ll never have any chance of being a functional part of society if he doesn’t understand his actions have consequences.

So yes, this part of his life should be “ruined.” But he did that to himself. Just like the kid he assaulted. That kids high school life was ruined and I would imagine needs several years of therapy.

I don’t understand any argument where this kid faces no consequences.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Yeah I’m having a hard time with the second chance with no consequences. At a minimum, he should be done wrestling and maybe even some juvie. He’ll never have any chance of being a functional part of society if he doesn’t understand his actions have consequences.

So yes, this part of his life should be “ruined.” But he did that to himself. Just like the kid he assaulted. That kids high school life was ruined and I would imagine needs several years of therapy.

I don’t understand any argument where this kid faces no consequences.
The lack of actual punishment is the craziest part about the whole thing. Dudes out here saying he got a fair shake with the law when he traded forcibly sodomizing someone for a "punishment" of picking up some trash along a highway a few times and, like, being grounded from his iPhone for a week.

I wonder if the victim feels like said sodomizer is rehabilitated after those harsh punishments.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
Guess I'll jump in now after making post sharing the tweet that started this whole conversation up again.

The people defending Kade for being able to wrestle on the grounds of Oh everyone should get a 2nd chance at life are you really that stupid? Wrestling and extracurricular activities are a privilege, not a right. Kade got plenty of second chances after the terrible thing he did to another person. He was able to continue to go to the same school. He was able to dodge the legal system and public information release by a plea deal. So don't come at anyone with this "oh he deserves a second chance" BS. The victim in this isn't getting a second chance...they had to move schools. They have to deal with the PTSD from what took place and that is very much real and will be real for the rest of their life.

Then if you want to go a step further with the excuse of "I'm sure you regretted doing stuff in high school too". Yeah I regret giving the sophomores a pinch of
chew after they stole some of our beers and them puking from it before baseball practice. But if in your mind something like that is equal to taking a pencil and forcefully raping someone with it then you should check yourself into a mental hospital for help because it is clear you need it.

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
LOL, you are the one that can't stand your precious wrestler getting flack on the internet for raping some one. This thread was basically dormant till you jumped in with both feet.
No people we’re ******** about some reporter doing his job. That’s when I jumped in.

• Haha
Reactions: NWICY

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Hs wrestling is massive in this state. Blume is an elite wrestler. He’s going to get coverage. That is just the reality. Harassing these people for covering the sport is a ****** thing to do.
Criticizing them (especially on this website) is harassing them now?

If someone is actually harassing him that’s wrong. But criticizing him for what he covers and how he covers it is not the same as harassing him.

My god. Not doing this again today.
Why are you do surprised/annoyed at this? It was clear you didn’t persuade people yesterday, and you are the one that brought it back up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron