Status
Not open for further replies.

danrog

Jan 19, 2008
Seattle
My "issue" is the same reason I have disliked the athletics site for some time now. That dang video player that loads and starts playing the video right away, muted or not, I am not a fan of this. Anyway to stop that from auto-playing?

I posted this in the welcome to V3.0 thread, but this will get rid of the autoplay. FYI I use Chrome:

"Are people here not aware of a program called AdBlock (sorry if it has been mentioned). Use it if you don't like the ads everywhere.

This doesn't get rid of the yardbarker stuff though (which IMO is terrible, at least in the old CF, it was hidden at the bottom.) Auto starting videos is a big pet peeve of mine as well. If you also HATE this, install Flash Block, which you can whitelist/blacklist sites that start up flash videos.

Hope this helps some of you cope with changes may or may not like."

Reactions: Swanson10

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
This doesn't get rid of the yardbarker stuff though (which IMO is terrible, at least in the old CF, it was hidden at the bottom.) Auto starting videos is a big pet peeve of mine as well. If you also HATE this, install Flash Block, which you can whitelist/blacklist sites that start up flash videos.

Put:
In the custom filter in Adblock and that stuff is all gone.

Go to the adblock logo next to the favorites star, click options, customize, then edit, and paste the above stuff in. Get rid of the bottom bar, the yardbarker thing at the top, and all ads.

Last edited:

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008

Given who is in the picture I really wanted to paraphrase a "Snakes on a Plane" line here, but I'm in the not bothered by the bar camp.

Edit: What's up with the in-lining of pictures? It looked correct when I posted it (and even now when I'm editing it. Is that a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Edit again: OK, now I'm just going nuts. It looks OK now but originally it just showed a link to the picture instead of the picture.

Last edited:

ElephantPie

Aug 17, 2011
Not a bug but can we get a different symbol, or no symbol at all, instead of a heart for when someone "likes" something? I come here to talk sports and manly things, then I "like" a post and that heart symbol just seems too girly. Anyway, there you have my 2 cents. I will stick with reps until its changed though.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Not a bug but can we get a different symbol, or no symbol at all, instead of a heart for when someone "likes" something? I come here to talk sports and manly things, then I "like" a post and that heart symbol just seems too girly. Anyway, there you have my 2 cents. I will stick with reps until its changed though.
I don't really like this post, but I felt I had to "like" it anyways.

colbycheese

Jun 11, 2010
Kansas
twitter.com
Chris, this really isn't a bug, but a suggestion since we're talking about changes for the new site. I've seen forums where under someone's avatar where all of the person's info is located, they've had a little Twitter logo that was a link to that person's twitter feed. Any possibility of doing something like that?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

I vote for a football instead of a heart.

Go Cyclones!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
FYI - I updated a bunch of css related things (i.e. the font size of username as mentioned above). I'll continue to widdle away at the "little things".

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Just noticed when trying to do a search... it seems broken. Can't search by username for posts, and numerous search terms aren't giving results or aren't giving full results.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Just noticed when trying to do a search... it seems broken. Can't search by username for posts, and numerous search terms aren't giving results or aren't giving full results.

Thanks for pointing that out. I just cleared the search cache and am running a complete reindex to fix the problem. The site might be slow for the next few minutes while the job runs due to how server intensive it is.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
A few updates to wrap up the day...

1. Fonts updates throughout - most notable will be the size of the username.
  2. Condensed spacing, edited almost all css attributes to have the site flow better.
  3. CyBookie recoded - mods are currently testing.
  4. Several site performance enhancements, fewer queries per page, etc.
  5. Spoiler tag added - You will now see an icon with a red S in it when viewing the "Advanced" text entry form throughout the site. Demo below.
  6. Reworked the mobile version of the site (web view, not the apps). While not perfect, it should serve as a short-term solution while the long-term strategy is implemented.

I would hope to see a lot of thank you messages to Chris Williams for moving the ads around based on user feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.